The SALSA Standard (Safe & Local Supplier Approval) was introduced in 2007 as an alternative to the BRC Food Standard, specifically designed for smaller food manufacturers.
The SALSA Standard is arranged in 4 sections:
- Control of: training, personal hygiene, cleaning, contamination risk, temperature, raw material, stock, waste, pest risks, equipment & maintenance and labelling.
- HACCP (hazard analysis critical control points) and Management Systems (internal audit etc)
- Documentation: specifications, document control, records etc.
- Premises: cleanliness, work-flows, building fabric & structure.
Food Standard Solutions are able to provide 1-day mentoring sessions, by a registered SALSA auditor & mentor.
Mentoring sessions are designed to ensure your systems meet SALSA requirements and to give clear, practical guidance where necessary, to give you the best chance of success at your audit.
Reviewing your premises, equipment and work-flows
Practical advice where changes are required.
- Taking you through the SALSA Standard
- Making sure you understand the requirements
- Reviewing the systems and documents you have in place
- Giving clear advice to help you make your systems SALSA-compliant
- Help with designing simple, multipurpose documents
Designed to minimise paperwork
Tailored to your products
SALSA pre-audits can also be arranged, if required.