OUR SERVICES: BRC GLOBAL STANDARD - PACKAGING:
- COMPLETE SET-UP SERVICE
- DEVELOPING ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUEMTNS WITH YOUR STAFF
- HACZARD & RISK ANALYSIS
- INTEGRATION INTO SHOP-FLOOR STAFF'S DAILY WORK
- NO NEED TO HIRE A 'TECHNICAL MANAGER'
- STAFF TRAINING / IMPLEMENTATION
- PRESENT AT YOUR AUDIT TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE PROCESS
BRC GLOBAL STANDARD - PACKAGING & PACKAGING MATERIALS:
The BRC Standards are revised and re-issued every three years: Issue 4 of the Packaging Standard (published February 2011) is the mandatory basis for audits from 1st August 2011. See 'downloads' for more background information.
The Standard contains major changes from its predecessor:
- The 3 categories of 'hygiene risk' are reduced to 2: High and Low, with the distinction criteria being whether the (food) product to be packed in the material is already contained in an 'absolute barrier'. This requirement is likely to be contentious as manufacturers of containers for eggs, fruits and vegetables who will find that their products fall into the 'high hygiene risk' category, with stricter criteria for hygiene & the potential for contamination. *
- 8 'Fundamental' Clauses are introduced: compliance with these is a mandatory pre-requisite for certification.
- Enlargement of many sections in response to industrial practice such as the increase use of recycled materials
- Specific new clauses specifically for 'printing'
- 'Grading' of audit certificates, based on the number and severity of non-conformances.